Sunday, September 20, 2009

Final Night

Just to respond, I get in around 11am on Tuesday morning. I believe I e-mailed you the flight itinerary before I left. I think we are flying united, but I am not positive. I got most of your gifts before I got Mikes response from you guys, so I hope you still like your stuff.

I am happy I did not go shark diving, because everyone else pretty much regretted it. Only one person actually threw up which was my concern. However, many people sat in the cage for a half hour and didn't even see ANY sharks at all. And they spent all day driving to the location and out on the boat. And they spent about $140 US on it. I went to Robben Island, which used to be a leper colony and then turned into a maximum security prison where Nelson Mandela was held for 18 years.

We climbed Table Mountain today. It was very very very difficult. But so worth it. Even though I got sick or something and almost didnt make it up. My arms felt like they were being pricked with pins and I started hyperventilating. Anyways, we made it to the top and it was the most gorgeous view. Again I can't wait to show you the pictures. I will be making my way around this week.

I am going to go shower since I have been sitting in my immense sweat for a couple hours (we went out on the ocean on a sailboat that the professor rented as a good bye and thank you gift).

I am so excited to see all of you, but so sad to be leaving. I am going to miss it here. I also feel like I have a responsibility to explore and take in as much as I can to be able to share with all of you. Hopefully I have somewhat fulfilled it. I cannot wait to share stories and pictures and memories and for you guys to meet some of my new friends.

Well that's all for now. I am off to the shower.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go hun! im glad you had a gr8 time. i look forward to seeing you. Luv u hun!!!

    ReplyDelete