Saturday, September 12, 2009

Botswana

Hey! I have 5 minutes in a Botswanian internet cafe. I just wanted to say hi and I am alive. I will hopefully be able to catch you up once I get to Cape Town which is Monday or Tuesday. We are staying in the Ritz so I am sure they have internet.

Today we went on a safari at 5 or 6 in the morning. We got really really lucky to see the rare sight of both a male lion and a female lion. And also some cubs.

We have a whole day of travel tomorrow. From Botswana to Zambia to Joburg to Capetown.

I went bungi jumping two days ago. I am pretty sore from it. I has them take some videos on my camera, but if you are curious you should search victoria falls bungi jump on youtube. There are plenty of videos. Victoria falls was pretty, but not at its prime. The locals call it "Victoria Rocks" during this time of year. It is best in march. I want to come back then. Some day.

I am not so sure about shark diving, but if I do it it will be in a week or so. We are at our half way point in the trip I believe.

Businesses: in Zambia we went to the David Livingston Lodge and the Zambezi Worm Farm ( I want to start one, they eat your food and make it into compost).

Well I love you all and wish I could talk more, but I have to post this before the internet cuts off.


LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!

Love,
Erica aka Rikki aka ME aka Erticah

3 comments:

  1. wow. im glad you're still alive. i hope you have fun. hopefully you do the shark diving. i think that'd be really cool. I wont write to much cause i know you dont have much time to read it.
    well i love you.

    Love,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. We won!!! we kicked Idaho potato pickin' vandals ask! and today bobby and i went mushroom hunting. we found 1. i love you and i am very excited to see your lions :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its great to hear from you. Glad your staying so busy. Congrats on the bungee jump. does that mean your gona skydive next?? We hope you are feeling beter. Your boy jake locker did pretty good on saturday. Im sure you'll enjoy the games when you get back. its been really nice here so hopefully it will stick around for you. Take care and stay safe and keep on havin fun. I love you!!! Sonja and jake say hi too!!

    ReplyDelete