Wednesday, September 16, 2009

cape town

I tried calling dad and mike last night but it wouldn't work. I may try again tonight depending on the cost. Or if I can figure it out I may try to call collect.
So right now we are on a bus tour through cape town. We are heading to see some penguins. The weather is nasty, I may as well be in seattle. Good thing I didn't bring any rain gear.
Yesterday we did a wine tour and tasting as a biz visit. It was hilarious because people were tipsy and drunk at a biz visit.
I love this group. Last night some of us watched cricket for a couple hours. Fun but boring. We also went to this huge, overly opulent mall. It had over 400 stores.
We had a tough time at botswana with lack of power and water at a nice lodgem we almost just walked out without paying our bills. Instead our prof payed it all with hois american express and is then planning to dispute it. So he just gave us each 60 dollars.so maybe you all will get souveniers after all.
We are looking over this bay with the highest concentration of great whites in the world.not sure about shark diving now cu its supposed to be about 200.
Tomorrow is our last business visits. Three in one day. Its going to be intense. We do not get to go to any sporting events, but we were invited to this huge bachelor of the year party by the people at the winery (the largest in south africa). I think its hilarious, but many of the girls plan on going and were shopping for outfits. I think I'm gonna join guys night instead of the drunken naked south african male party. I hang out with them more anyways.
Well I have to go because I am borrowing someones blackberry and missing much of this tour. Keep an eye out for a phone call between 11am and 2pm. Love you all! Can't wait to see you. Hopefully at the airport..

2 comments:

  1. DUDE that's sweet! You get to peep the lions and penguins in the same trip! Can you see antarctica from where you are?! is it typical for s. africans to get naked together at their bachelor parties? sounds like your having a crazy wild 'n' fun time! I'll keep the phone close by. love & miss you a lot!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im sorry you werent able to get through. Ive got my cell phone on all the time, day and night,in case you call. Glad your having a gd time. Its funny that were probably having beter weather than you. haha. I bet the days are jus flying by for you. hope your having lots of fun. I luv you very much and cant wait to hear about all your stories. Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete